Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,
Kindly have a look at the following available bursaries for 2021. For more information , please click the headings.
Grade 12 Learners (SA Citizens) with outstanding achievements, with a minimum APS score of 5 in English, Mathematics and Physical Science and students currently studying towards B.Sc Information Communication Technology are encouraged to apply for one of our comprehensive bursaries in the following disciplines:
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Software
- Computer & Mathematical Science
Grade 12 requirements:
- You must be a South African citizen
- Level 5 (above 60%) in pure mathematics for final grade 11 results
- Level 6 (above 70%) for final grade 11 results
- Must be under the age of 21 in the year of your application
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
must be a South African citizen by birth OR Naturalization pre 1994
must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
must pass Grade 12 with exemption
must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 min-year 2019 results as well as NBT results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
The Company has a programme to train students either at Universities, Universities of Techology and CETA Learnerships in order to ensure sufficient numbers of graduates and technicians for the company’s future needs.
This formal education is followed up by on the job training and mentorship under the supervision of skilled, trained and professional people.
The Haw &Inglis Group offers vac work placements as well as experiential training in the following disciplines:
Students from Grade 10, excelling in both Mathematics and Science, can apply to the Company for a bursary. The students must have an interest in the Civil and Building Construction Industry to be considered.
The applicant must have passed all subjects in the previous semester; A keen interest in the civil and building construction industry; The ability and willingness to work in rural areas; Must enjoy the outdoors; Good communication and leadership skills with an ability to take the initiative
The following bursaries are also available:
- Shoprite 2020 Bursaries
- SPEBS – SAICE Patrons’ Engineering Bursary Scheme
- Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2021
- The BCF & Geness Foundation Bursary
- Thuthuka Bursary Fund 2020/2021
- JB Marks Bursary 2020/2021
- Toyota South Africa Motors Bursary Programme 2021
- Old Mutual Bursary Scheme 2021
- Evraz Highveld Bursary 2021
- Mediclinic Bursary 2021
- Industrial Development Corporation bursary 2021
- Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary 2021